Programs for Doctors and Healthcare Professionals
We are here to support healthcare professionals
Valor HospiceCare focuses on the collaborative pursuit of improved palliative and end-of-life hospice care with area hospitals and acute care facilities. Our hospital program focuses on creating a continuum of services across institutional and provider settings to benefit patients, caregivers, families and hospitals in many ways.
Your partner in care. The most important thing to remember is that hospice care will supplement, not replace the existing care that is already being provided by the care setting.
Valor can help YOU with your patients. Let us help you progress your patients to their next level of care.
- Providing assessment and admissions counseling and services to discharge planners. We can assist you with a 1 hour response time to begin admission and transportation plans.
- Expediting and expanding access to a continuum of high-quality palliative care services, including inpatient and respite care with contracted facilities. We can help you provide a safe and timely discharge to a skilled nursing facility, assisted living facility or primary residence.
- Extending our hospice-hospital partnership through improved understanding about the resources of each program.
- Educating hospitalists and case management groups on the hospice benefit and advance care planning.
Decision Criteria for Patient Referrals?
Contact us today for assistance with decision criteria for patient referrals! Our medical directors and qualified hospice staff are available for pre-hospice evaluations.
We're here to help. Call 1-877-615-3996 today!
The most common response to our satisfaction surveys:
"I wish our doctor would have talked to us sooner about Valor's hospice care services."
What we do for the patient.
- Patients and families are grateful for the help and support by physicians.
- Hospice staff are highly trained in palliative care and closely assess your patient's needs in order to help you manage your patient at home.
- Hospice is an extension of care and allows you to continue to see your patients and get reimbursed for your services for non-diagnosis services.
- Valor provides billing guides for reimbursement, including other useful tools to assist with understanding the hospice benefit.
- The hospice full interdisciplinary approach is not available anywhere else in health care.
- As part of the hospice team, the medical director can assist physicians or nurse practitioners, or assume total management of the patient in providing aggressive pain management and non-pain symptom management.
- Our hospice medical directors and nurse practitioners will make home visits.
- Hospice is able to provide 24-hour professional services in our authorized inpatient facilities.
For medical professionals, contact us regarding Hospice training for advance care planning and education on palliative and End-of-Life Care (EPEC) seminars or UNIPAC, hospice/palliative care training for physicians.
We are here to assist you with the transitions of life.
We are here to answer questions about life changes, level of care decisions
and to help with ease of transitions.